Registry fun!

Crossing the Blues, University of the Nations, Social Work and Education, Shop Clothes Online, Radiology Information Social Work and Education So one of the fun bits of getting married, apart from the wedding of course is the registry afterwards. We went for the John Lewis Gift List which suited us because they have a great range of kitchen things, mostly what we wanted :) It was great to go shopping without spending, although you can't help but feel a little guilty about this huge consumerist splurge you're going on without doing anything for it. Yes I know you're hosting a fabulous wedding but you know you haven't really done anything to deserve these gifts. Anyhow, more on that shortly, first to show you my boxes!


Then one of our favourite bits which is our new bookcase. We just love it. And you can also see the lovely decanter we were bought.

Finally our new bed linen. I really like this pattern.

Back onto gift lists, it's becoming more of a trend for young couples not to have a gift list. Partly because people already live together, have a house together and have all they need so a gift list no longer makes sense. Some people do honeymoon funds, which is a great idea. Others ask for cash, which is fine but for some reason I always feel a little dirty giving cash. I appreciate it makes sense but it just doesn't make me feel comfortable, I'd far rather get a gift. But then again I'd also rather get the couple something they want so wouldn't get a gift just because!

Anyhow, enough of my ramble, what did you do for your registry? What do you think about cash/honeymoon funds or other great ideas for wedding gifts.