MY KATE MOSS BLAST FROM THE PAST!

Crossing the Blues, University of the Nations, Social Work and Education, Shop Clothes Online, Radiology Information Social Work and Education Posted by Fashion Editor at Large

How's this for funny. When I was 18, Kate Moss was 17. At that time my CV would have read "A-level student and wannabe fashion journalist/stylist who does bit of modelling on the side"; Kate was a gonnabe supermodel. I had a photographer friend called Peter Robathan who wanted me to style some pictures of "this girl called Kate" when she was just starting to get buzz as a model. He wanted the location to be the Rokit warehouse in Crouch End, North London - my home town. Working in Rokit's Crouch End store was my Saturday job, and at that time the owner was also keen for me to select the on-trend clothes to put in their stores and to grade and sort through their tons of jeans. So in the holidays and days off college I did that also. Behind Kate are the bales of compressed clothes (in tons) we sorted through. The excitement of opening a bale was indescribable. A million times better than a jumble sale. Once I found a  tie Salvador Dali had painted.

I forgot all about the day Kate came until yesterday when Peter sent this in my inbox. It was all about grunge then. No such thing as a straight middle parting.

Photo copyright of Peter Robathan.

Blog Archive