I CAN'T STOP WEARING...Givenchy wedge ankle boots

Crossing the Blues, University of the Nations, Social Work and Education, Shop Clothes Online, Radiology Information Social Work and Education

Posted by the fashion editor at large



These are things of beauty. I share them with my girlfriend. Oh the joys. We bought them at Joseph on Westbourne Grove at the beginning of the season from a man called Hannibal. Really.  I am properly obsessed with them and will probably wear these tonight to the Prada book launch. Onto wedges in general. I keep trend-spotting girls in wedges. Wedges should not be fashionable. I feel they look a bit medical. But, still, yesterday evening as I walked down into Oxford Circus after a jaunt to TopShop (they have done a fake 80's Versace wall in there which is genius) I trend-spotted a girl in burgundy straight cut cropped above the ankle sta-press trousers, a beige trench (Burberry) with the collar pulled up and black wedge shoes, they looked like ACNE, but could have been Margiela. At that moment I knew the wedge thing is not going away. It's going to get much bigger. By next spring I think it will be a mega-trend. From this moment I am going on a wedge hunt. I have already clutched the three beauties below, also by the lovely Riccardo Tisci at Givenchy, to my heart.  It's the TopShop SS10 press day today...  I will be reporting on what I find there later!





Pics: Chris Moore/Catwalking


Blog Archive