A MAD HATTERS TEA PARTY HOSTED BY ALICE TEMPERLEY - CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER!

Crossing the Blues, University of the Nations, Social Work and Education, Shop Clothes Online, Radiology Information Social Work and Education Posted by Fashion Junior at Large

Alice in Wonderland is still my favourite book of all time so I was curious to see what Tim Burton had done with the story. I was also curious when I realised that this screening - a couple of weeks before nationwide release - was to be preceded by a champagne tea party hosted by Alice Temperley.


I arrived late but still found the time to down two flutes and scoff 3 cakes (well I had to test a good sample of the flavours!)

Before the film started Temperley gave a short speech proclaiming Alice as an icon for generations and a design inspiration for many besides herself, including:

Stella McCartney

Tom Binns

Swarovski (who gave a 'Red Queen' necklace to each guest in the gift bag)

I won't spoil it for you, but I can say that Tim Burton's vision of Wonderland was amazing and absolutely lived up to my expectations (Alice's costumes were beautiful as well thanks to Colleen Atwood). It comes out in all its 3D glory on the 5th March. Go see.


Blog Archive