MORE JOSEPH SS10!

Crossing the Blues, University of the Nations, Social Work and Education, Shop Clothes Online, Radiology Information Social Work and Education Posted by the Fashion Editor at Large

It's taken me a while to get back to Joseph SS10 part II. A while that has been taken up by an exciting POP magazine commission, and getting my new logo installed as well as widening the visual register of the blog(thanks hapsical you are the best fashion blog geek ever). This is proper progress, and I have been jumping around the living room in a mental kind of hyper joy while my dog Walter looks at me wondering what the hell is going on, while outside thick snow is falling..

I have been having personal wardrobe issues with fashion of late. I don't feel that many designers are catering directly to me/my generation - me and Kate Moss, Stella Mc, Gwyneth Paltrow are of the age group in question.

So I'm pleased that Joseph is making waves in my head. I'm connecting its relaxed sexy urban look with luxe basics labels like Helmut Lang and rebuilding my idea of what fashion is for me, and how I can communicate who I am in a way that feels right with my clothes.

So here are the rest of my Joseph hot picks for Spring 2010 part one is here.
6.






I'm really into Lame for SS10. Joanna Sykes for her Sykes label has done the best silver Lame suit for spring 2010. These trousers are fab. Who knew the harem pant thing would become so mainstream? Olivier Theyskens was a pioneer when he introduced the drop crotch pant at Nina Ricci for AW2008.


7.                                                       

In terms of everyday fashionable legwear the noughties were dominated by skinny jeans, and then by leggings. So it follows that as we depart the decade the two should have become one. The great thing about a jean/legging is that though body-hugging, the garment won't require a crappy rendition of the Single Ladies video dance to squeeze into them. For Spring 2010 jean/leggings will be a staple, and these are damn good ones. As are the those by James Jeans which my colleagues on the fashion team at Grazia are obsessed with.

8.

This woven leather jumper is just what I would wear if I had toned, fit body and was working from my condo on Venice Beach overlooking the ocean. I would take my lunch break and rollerblade up and down the boardwalk. I would wear a bra underneath though.


9.

Charles Anastase is a Parisian designer on the London scene. I like his aesthetic - and I LOVE his fashion illustrations, so am delighted Joseph collaborated with him on this T as well as a few other designs.


That's it on my Joseph own label examination for SS10. My next Joseph investigation will be to reveal which Givenchy and Haider Ackermann looks they have bought for the new season; writing that post will be a form of self-torture.


Want more? Then head to Joseph where they've got Charles Anastase at home on Joseph TV and an Isabel Marant interview.