A REALLY DETAILED LOOK at JOSEPH SS10!

Crossing the Blues, University of the Nations, Social Work and Education, Shop Clothes Online, Radiology Information Social Work and Education

Posted by the Fashion Editor at Large

One of the pleasures of NOT going to the press day of a label, is catching up on it all afterwards. The boon of off-pisting a press day appointment, is that one generally meets with a PR who has time on his or her hands, and can give feedback on how the collection went down with the press. Most pleasingly of all, the PR is not suffering from smile-muscle rigamortis locked in the upturned position.

So it was when I taxied to meet Imogen Crosby at Jospeh a week or two after the Joseph press day at their Brompton Road HQ. We had tea, chatted, wandered around the showroom ooh-ing and aahing and I took my time to really take in the changes in the brand and what Joseph is up to.

As I have said in an earlier post, the Joseph at Westbourne Grove near my Maida Vale base is something of a palace of design for me. I go in to try on Haider Ackermann and Givenchy (and cry that I cannot afford it), and then wander downstairs in the store to purchase some Joseph own label which, thanks to relatively new Japanese owners and a new design team in the shape of Alain Snege - ex-Collette - and Louise Trotter - ex-Jigsaw/Gap/Calvin Klein - I like a lot.

So without further ado, I present my edit of Joseph SS10.
1.



This jacket is light and elegant yet its weighted down by chains to keep it in shape making it a perfect spring/summer jacket. It's very fashiony. A move on from the cropped jackets we have all been wearing, but still with the look of that. It will be good to wear with very short items (as shown), and really tight things like treggings of jean-leggings which will be the fashion staple of the year in 2010.

2.

These shoes are by Tiffany Tuttle, the daughter of the former US Ambassador to England. Her label is called LD Tuttle, and Tiffany has collaborated with Joseph to create these shoe/boot/sandals for SS10. What I like about them is that they're tough chic for everyday wear. The heel is not too high, and we all know it's about a lower heel for SS10.  I remember meeting Tiffany Tuttle for a coffee in Maida Vale once; she is a former dancer and cool and edgy in that Rick Owens L.A way. After our breakfast she told me she wanted to take a walk to Regents Park, little did I know that meant she was heading home to the biggest house on the Park!
3.



These leggings are real Python. Also in the Python area is a stunning sleeveless biker jacket. The khaki jacket is noteworthy becasue khaki cotton drill will be the denim of SS10. What I mean to say is it will be the fall-back hard-wearing fabric of choice for the fashion set. As we say in the trade - its a look!

 4.

These khaki's are by customised Alonzo Ester and shape up to be another of Joseph's collaborations for SS10. He has also created a studded parka. In his day job Mr Ester is a stylist and creative director and worked with Madonna during her Rhinestone period. I'm STILL wearing my Gap khaki's from two years ago, and in my mind I have replaced them with these already!

5.


I know this looks like a lovely short sexy very tight black dress, and it is. But having seen it in the flesh I can share with you that it incorporates sheer panels both through the arms and in swathes across the upper body thus giving it a fashion edge that is totally SS10.


MORE SOON ...Going out with my good friend Caren Downie fashion director of ASOS tonight and got to get ready...